Quality overlay transparency

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to define the level of transparency on the overlays.

Alternatively what could be done to have the bad quality data unreadable? I was thinking of using an expression tag that would take its value from the source tag when the quality is good and would have the value *** or N/A when the quality of the source tag is not good.

Is there a better way to achieve this (bind the foreground colour to the quality?)…

Thank you,

Nicolas

I think you can only set them to be on or off:

[quote="nclemeur"]Alternatively what could be done to have the bad quality data unreadable? I was thinking of using an expression tag that would take its value from the source tag when the quality is good and would have the value *** or N/A when the quality of the source tag is not good.

Is there a better way to achieve this (bind the foreground colour to the quality?)...
[/quote]
Those are both good ways to do it. You could also use the expression in the display, as well. I usually find that there really isn't a "best way", since there are many ways to get to where you want to go. But as long as whatever you do is consistent, that is what will be most helpful to you. Especially if you have to go back to it later! :slight_smile:

I think you can only set them to be on or off:
[/quote]

Yes I have seen that settings before and you can also opt-out from the quality overlay on a component basis. But I was hoping for simpler solution as I don't see how it is usefull to display the value of tag with bad quality data. I think it is just confusing for the operators. I know the overlay is there to indicate a problem, but why display any value in that case. I think this render the overlay system useless in some cases...

Thank you for confirming this, though.

Cheers

Nicolas