Query Stuck in "Active Queries" on the Gateway

Hi all,
I am having an issue with a tag binding query. I was doing some tests and was changing the query and everything was fine. But at one point, I reached the state where the query wasn't running and I saw in my gateway it was stuck (see screenshot below). I tried to cancel it, I tried to disable the tag but the query is still active. I also tried to run that query in my DB Query browser and the query worked.
So because this query is stuck, I am not able to change any other query in my application and the tags ,that I tried to change after that fault, are showing me that: image.
Does anyone know why this is happening and how can I fix it?
I am using Ignition 7.9 - Vision. The DB is MSSQL.
Thank you in advance for your time.

Restart your gateway.

I am trying to find another way to do it because this will cause downtime in the factory production^^' But if this is the only solution, I will do it for sure, thank you.

MSSQL should have a way to see incoming connections/queries, and presumably some way to kill the query from their side?

I am trying to get the credential for the DB from my customer, I will keep you posted, thank you.

You could disable the DB connection in the Ignition Gateway then re-enable it. That might kill it without restarting the gateway.

Hi all, The query cleared itself after 24h , I wasn't able to test your suggestions. Thank you for your time ^^

Consider updating your DB connection properties to add a queryTimeout value:

In the 'Extra Connection Properties' section.

2 Likes