Querying tables from MSAccess to MYSQL

Crazy question, but is it possible to set up tables or stored procedures in MySQL to read or copy complete tables residing in a MSAccess .mdb file.

I didn’t try to search for anything, but I’m pretty sure the MySQL migration tool can do it the first time… I don’t think it’s going to help if you need to do it on a regular basis, though.

Another question would be how you’re going to use the data… in all of our products, you can connect to both MySQL and Access, and just pull in whatever data you need. But since you’re asking in a general way down in this forum, I imagine you’re asking for some other purpose.

Going the other way it’s possible to add MySQL as a linked server in Access using MySQL’s ODBC connector, but nothing jumps out to me going the other way.

Regards,

The issue that I have is that I am currently querying data from some tables in a .mdb file that has a file size of over 2gig. Since it is such a large file and the connection to this file is over our company intranet, the connection times out. I have had this issue for a while now and actually posted the problem on an earlier post. My superiors say this data would be great to have if I can find a way to get it so it can be displayed on FactoryPMI.

I am trying to get cooperation with our IT dept. on this as they have admin rights and manage it. If they could just schedule a “compact and repair” on a regular basis to this file, the file size would be manageable.

Thanks for your input on this and if I do not get anywhere with IT, I’ll give you guys a call.

You might consider using an ETL tool to do this. A while back I played with a free one called Pentaho, but it looks like there are a bunch of options nowadays.