Question about alarm journal vs tag history

Does History need to be enabled on tags with alarms for them to appear in the Alarm Journal? I have an alarm journal created on the gateway and it is pointed to the SQL database I created, but no alarms are appearing. It looks like at one point tables were created in the database, but they are all empty.

No, Tag History is separate from Alarming (and associated storing of alarm events via Alarm Journal). You can configure Data Filters in the Alarm Journal Properties to control which Alarms are stored to the journal--by default, alarm events of priority Low and higher should be stored. Is the Database Connection associated with your Alarm Journal healthy/valid?

Yes, the database connection shows valid. I am not well versed in SQL, so I may have a configuration issue on that end. Here are a few screenshots from the gateway.

It looks like there was an insert into the alarm_events table (as well as pruning of old data based on your Alarm Journal configuration in the gateway) a short while ago:

How are you verifying that no data is ending up in the table? A query against alarm_events and/or alarm_event_data tables returning 0 rows?

I had just opened the various tables through SQL Server Management Studio, but I am guessing now, that doesn't do what I thought it did (like I said, not familiar enough with SQL yet). I created a Query and tested it and it looks like data is there.

The alarm journal issue was because I had not assigned any start and end dates for the data. I had assumed there was a default and didn't need to assign anything right away. Thank you for your help.