Question about legacy alarming and version 7.6

I guess i wanted to get a better idea about what is going to happen when i upgrade from 7.5 to 7.6. It looks like a few people are having problems, and that is understood.

I am using a distribution list notification profile. In that profile I have 477 expression groups serving 75 contacts. Will I have to go and create a different roster and pipeline for each of my groups or will the system gracefully handle that? I also have all custom subjects and messages, which I saw that there may be some issues with handling the formatting of the carriage returns.

also, will we still be able to add expression groups to the database as we did before as long as we are using the legacy profile?

any info would be helpful.

Hi,

I’d wait until 7.6.2 comes out, just because there was a problem with referencing alert properties (like “{[Severity]}”) in custom subjects and messages.

Beyond that, you shouldn’t have much of a problem. The distribution groups will continue to work, and you will be able to continue to modify the groups, contacts, etc. How you transition to pipelines will be up to you (with the various new features you may not need quite so many expression groups, which really would translate to call rosters combined with some pipeline elements), but you can approach that over time.

Regards,