Question for Vision Module

Hello all,

I am very new to Ignition and wonder if someone can help me out with a few questions.

1. My work place has multiple work cells. Is it possible to create only 1 project and deploy that to all cell HMI’s or do i have to create one project per cell? The PLCs pretty much have the same tag names. Each cell processes different parts but they all following the same procedure.
  2. Is there a way to increase the X button (screen close) size?

Thank you

I assume that you'll have an Ignition gateway running local for each workcell?
You don't need multiple projects, you can just use the one. You'll just need to change the IP address for the device in the gateway config to communicate to the right PLC.
Any differences in workcell config can be worked into the Windows you develop in the form of making components visible and hidden etc.

If you are using a single central gateway, then you would still create a single window but you would make the base tag path dynamic that the components on the page bind to to display tag values. You would also have a tag UDT defined for a workcell and create instances for each of your workcells.

When you say the "screen", what are you talking about? The Client application? If so, that's determined by your OS settings. In Windows you can change the scaling of all applications, but this will essentially reduce the screen resolution for your Ignition client Windows as well..

Otherwise you can just add a close button yourself which calls the scripting function system.util.exit()

Thank you nminchin,

Could you please explain this a little bit more?
“If you are using a single central gateway, then you would still create a single window but you would make the base tag path dynamic that the components on the page bind to to display tag values. You would also have a tag UDT defined for a workcell and create instances for each of your workcells.”
I don’t quite get this yet.

For example, you might have a custom property defined on the root container called workCellTagPath which you would then set when you opened the page. You would then use indirect bindings on each component on the page that uses this custom property and append onto it the relative path to the work cell’s tags that you need to read and use

1 Like

Thank you so much nminchin!