[Question] Microsoft OpenID Admin Consent

I am working on setting up an OpenID provider. I was having some issues before so I deleted the provider and re-created with the 1/18 build.

When testing the login I am getting a message from Microsoft that the App needs admin consent… what is Ignition attempting to request here? In an earlier build this did not come up.

Need admin approval

Ignition needs permission to access resources in your organization that only an admin can grant. Please ask an admin to grant permission to this app before you can use it.
Message: AADSTS900941: An administrator has set a policy that prevents you from granting Ignition the permissions it is requesting. Contact an administrator who can grant permissions to this application on your behalf.

Hi @ryanjmclaughlin -

Ignition requests the openid scope in addition to any scopes you specify in your IdP config. Like the message says - you may need to adjust your policies on your IdP.

You are using Azure AD right? You may need to click the button below:

I found this API permissions best practices document for Azure AD which may help: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/v1-permissions-and-consent

Thanks, was able to get one of our admins to enable that.

1 Like