[Question] Session Events scripting?

It was previously stated that all scripting will occur on the gateway. That being the case, are the Perspective>Session Events scripts the exception to that rule? (For all types of session events, but specifically barcode scans…)

1 Like

Browsers don’t run jython. The module SDK can supply true client-side scripting as part of a new component, but it will be javascript, not jython. All events generated on the client that connect to jython will make a round trip. The offline functionality for collecting scans & data entry will defer all jython scripts until reconnected. Offline functionality is a bit fuzzy still.

1 Like

Nope! Phil’s beat me to the punch, but he’s right - session event handlers execute on the gateway, including all the mobile device data collection handling stuff. Now the event/data that triggers the script may (obviously) occur somewhere else, but ultimately/eventually, the collected data is sent to the gateway for handling and script execution. From the perspective of a single device, offline scans are sent to the gateway as a ‘batch’ in the order they were collected. On the gateway, they are handled in the order they are received.

1 Like

Ok, That’s what I was thinking…but I was hoping there was some"back end" magic IA added (I’ve had to change my reply a few times due to the other replies :grin:)

I would think that it would also follow that all transactions to/from the gateway/device would have an increasing delay if poor signal strength is encountered until the offline point is reached or the signal picks back up in strength.