Quickly draw a table without data in Vision?

Is there an easy way to draw a table (like an HTML table) so I can show some data bound to some tags without connecting with a database?
Right now I’m manually drawing the table with lines and rectangles, but there must be a better way?

Manually make table’s dataset (just click the spreadsheet-like icon on the ‘Data’ property). Add rows/colums as needed.
Once you’ve got it set up as you like, click the binding icon and create a ‘cell update binding’. This allows you bring in dynamic values (tags, custom properties) into specific cells of the dataset.

https://inductiveuniversity.com/video/cell-update-binding/7.9

It’s important to know that datasets (the Ignition data structure) are totally independent of databases. Query bindings are a common way to create a dataset, by querying a database for specific results, but datasets are everywhere, and there’s lots of ways to manipulate or create them.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip @PGriffith . I don’t think that will work because my tables need to be more flexible than that (merging columns and rows), though I could be wrong. Here’s a screenshot:

Is there something that will draw a table like this for me instead of me having to do it manually?

The power table component can be set up to span/merge cells - it’s still not total freedom of layout, but it’s the next best thing before a large jump in complexity.

The next level of power/freedom would probably be the Template Canvas. In ‘Layout Positioning’ mode, you can use anything the MiG layout manager supports - including arbitrary span widths, floating gaps, etc, etc. With that, you could have your existing layout, using templates for the numeric displays / text only displays, and use miglayout to control everything’s layout and sizing.

Alright, thanks!