Rasberry Pi 2

Thanks

No i must of un ticked this a long time ago on the home page layout settings.

just trying it now

So Raspberry Pi B+ will run a client ? or do you have to run the mobile client ?

The Pi 2 will run a client.

In case anyone is interested on the actual command line parameters:

We have built the command execution into the X11 and window manager startup scripts, where we check for a network connection and launch the client, completely unattended. I can share the rest of the configuration if anyone is interested.

Download the clientlauncher.sh file to your RPi and make it executable (chmod +x clientlauncher.sh)

Run this command inside a terminal window in X11:
./clientlauncher.sh scope=C gateway.addr=ignition_host:8088 project=Project_Name windowmode=fullscreen -Djavaws.launchparams=“param1;param2” -Djavaws.launchparam.param1=“value1” -Djavaws.launchparam.param2=“value2”

param1 and param2 are parameters that can be passed to the project and then retrieved via scripting on project startup, skip those if you don’t need them. Value are the values assigned to those parameters.

A word of caution: we are experiencing some problems with our Raspberry Pi 2 units where they will lose network connectivity randomly, and freeze at times. We are still investigating, but if anyone has dealt with a similar issue please feel free to share your experience.

Hi, Oscar. Welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

I’ve had issues with the wireless dongles that came with the kits I ordered. Wired seems to be okay.

Also, the cheap microSD cards started to fail after about a month. Replaced with Sandisk Ultra class 10’s. may even have to go to the Extremes, depending on how the Ultras work out.

Thanks Jordan!

The Wireless management in the RPis is notorious for having issues maintaining connectivity; there is a lot of conversation around the Power Supplies being in question; we have the same PS for all the units, so that is something we are looking into. We also have the same Micro SD cards on all units (Sandisk Ultra 8GB).

What symptoms did you see when the SD cards started to fail?

Thanks again!

Oscar.

Random lockups and crashes. The original cards didn’t have any wear leveling, something that Sandisk seems to do.

An update to my previous post: we removed the Overclocking setting and the clients are no longer crashing. We had it set to the RPi2 setting, and that seemed to crash the RPis…
Solid uptime now running the Ignition client from the Raspberry Pi 2!

Thanks,

Oscar.