Rasberry Pi 2

I think this may work…

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/european-technology/raspberry-pi-2-launch-six-times-faster-with-support-for-windows-10-and-ubuntu/?tag=nl.e101&s_cid=e101&ttag=e101&ftag=TRE684d531

I’m pretty excited about this. It’s too bad it’s still using ARMv6 though.

A step closer… :slight_smile:

Whoa… it actually has an ARM v7 processor. Ordering one now…

Hi

I actually received one of these at weekend, have it running as a Ignition Client with a moderately sized project with no issues, JAVA 8 loaded on fine and system has been stable.

I will be attempting to run the device with SQL bridge and links to Digital IO and the Pi Enocean Module.

@Malcom:

All right, man, it’s been four months since you posted this. Time to spill the beans. How’s the Pi2 doing? :mrgreen:

Swinging back On topic, I’ve got two kits ordered I’m suprised my keyboard still works with the drool spilling down into it…

I never ordered one. :cry:

What kits you drooling over?

My usual goto guys at Allied are still 8 weeks out on getting them in. Ended up ebay-ing them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171800778263

I should boot mine up…

I’ve got one on the way to be used as a media center but after seeing this thread that may get put on the back burner…

Okay. Got my first one up and going.

If y’all remember this thread, where I got a Pi 1 going, it took on average about 10 minutes to start. Now, from powerup to start is about 3-3.5 minutes. A big improvement!

Now, the Oracle Java on board won’t support Java WebStart. I can get it to autostart through the Native Launcher, but it still requires an X session to be running. Any way around that?

[quote=“JordanCClark”]
… the Oracle Java on board won’t support Java WebStart. I can get it to autostart through the Native Launcher, but it still requires an X session to be running. Any way around that?[/quote]

Bumpin’ this once… you know… 'cuz i can… :laughing:

[quote=“JordanCClark”][quote=“JordanCClark”]
… the Oracle Java on board won’t support Java WebStart. I can get it to autostart through the Native Launcher, but it still requires an X session to be running. Any way around that?[/quote]

Bumpin’ this once… you know… 'cuz i can… :laughing:[/quote]

Nope, no GUI without an X session.

Dang. Oh, well. Still works pretty sweet as a client, though.

Thanks, Kevin.

so is there a way to run a client off a raspberry pi at the moment?

If there is a working method, does anyone have instructions how to do it?

Hi, Onejk. Welcome to the forums!

The stock Raspian install that comes with NOOBS was enough to get a Pi2 working.

ok

i have stock Raspian from Noobs.

I cannot get a client open.

I have tried installing iced tea and icedweasel.

when i try launching a client from ignition home page through icedbeaver, either directing it to use iced tea or javaws cpu usage goes to 100% for 20s and nothing happens.

i can acces clients using the mobile launch but want to launch using java

I didn’t need to use icedtea. The Raspian install comes with Oracle Java on it.

You can go to the gateway page through firefox, and download the native client launcher.

so you installed icedweasel (firefox)

Navigated to the ignition gateway page, when you click on launch what did you select to run the application?

Do you have this section on the page?