Read Window Security Script

Hi

I am wanting to write a script that will parse through all available windows and determine their security settings, so I can ultimately generate a “customized” menu of available windows for a user when they log in. The window security settings would be compared to the users roles and if that window is available to them, it would show up on their menu. Obviously, at script execution time, the windows will not be open.

I have determined that I can get all windows names with the system.gui.getWindowNames() function. I have also determined I can get the users roles with the system.security.getRoles() function. Given the name of the windows, is it then possible to extract its required security roles so I can compare this with the users roles? Or is there a better way to achieve what I am trying to do?

Regards
James

There is no way to extract the security configured on a window to find out which roles will have access. I know it is a lot of work but I typically will store which windows a user has access to in a database table. Once you have that you can query the table to get the list of windows they have access to.

Are there now (2019) a way to Read Window Security Script with ignition 7.10 ?

Regards
Damien