Reading OPC tags folder through system.opc.browse

Hello, I have a Tani OPC server connected to a Siemes PLC, here is a screenshot of what I see from the Ignition’s OPC browser:

I need to list the tags inside the AcMotors folder using the system.opc.browse function. I tried with this statement:

system.opc.browse(opcServer=‘Tani_OPC’, opcItemPath=‘ns=1;s=MAIN_PLC.DataBlocks.AcMotors.*’)

but the call raises a timeout exception after a while. The string “ns=1;s=MAIN_PLC.DataBlocks.AcMotors” is what I get from the OPC browser opction “copy item path”.
The syntax should be correct, because a similar statement works on the Ignition OPC UA Server:

system.opc.browse(opcServer=“Ignition OPC UA Server”, opcItemPath=“ns=1;s=VendorServerInfo.*”)

so why it doesn’t work on the Tani OPC? I would try to use browseServer, but how to format the nodeId parameter in my specific case?
Many thanks in advance,
Francesco

The NodeId parameter for the browseServer call would be ns=1;s=MAIN_PLC.DataBlocks.AcMotors. It will return only on the nodes directly underneath this node.

For OPC tags from OPC UA servers the OPC Item Path is always a NodeId in the parseable string format you see there.

I’m not sure why the system.opc.browse call times out, though. It’s possible the hierarchy is too deep or there is a loop, but I’m not sure with the just the information provided.

Many thanks, this one worked for me :slight_smile: