Reading server time and state timed out, disconnecting

Hello All,

I am using Ignition 7.7.3 with redundancy configuration.

The master server sometime losing connection to OPC-UA server (approximately 10 second ) which running

on Linux RT target and when connection is losing we monitor following error on console.

Reading server time and state timed out, disconnecting…

But at the same time backup server is connected and continue reading tag values from OPC-UA server, also
we try to connect kepware as a client to read tag and it’s works.

Could you please share your thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.

Prior to 7.7.4, the UA client stuff would periodically read the server time and state nodes as sort of a “keep-alive”, because it was expected that a server could always return this information promptly since it should be equivalent to reading a couple values from memory… and if the request to read these values timed out we assume the server is no longer responding and reconnect.

Experience has shown this is not the case with all servers, for whatever reason. As of 7.7.4 this no longer happens.

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for your fast response.

I will update from 7.7.3 to 7.7.4

Regards
Aram

Hello Kevin,

After upgrading to 7.7.4 we faced with new issue.

Approximately 20-40 minute after ignition connected to the OPC-UA server the quick client can’t write values

and show error below.

Bad_SessionIdinvalid

Hi,

The problem with the UA client not detecting the session has timed out was fixed earlier this week and will be available in the next beta/rc that we release. If you need it sooner you can contact support and ask for a 1.7.5-beta1 OPC-UA module (reference this forum post).

I’d like to see your logs to figure out why/when the session expired though. What server are you connected to?