Record Form Field Descriptions Not Updating

This will be based on the Home Connect Example for the purpose of having a clear reference.

When I do the first “mvn-package” after changing one property value, I can see that reflected when I install the module. I have simply changed the units to “X”:

However, if I change any other values further, like below and then run mvn-package and install in the gateway, the changes are not reflected.

HomeConnectHubName.Name=Some Craziness

Is there some step I need to be doing which would allow me to update these fields and not only have one opportunity to do so?

Thanks,

Nick

I’ve never figured it out. Restart the gateway when you get in this state.

1 Like

@pturmel thanks for that information and it does work. Hopefully IA could offer a more elegant solution in the future.

Thanks,
Nick

I suspect there’s some BundleUtil race when loading a new module and the PersistentRecord loads the resource. It has always been this way, so I suspect the issue is non-trivial.

@pturmel have you ever had this type of thing happen? everything looks the same as the example, but it seems to be having issues pulling the actual values from the property file.

Thanks,

Nick

Oh yes, that is exactly the symptom. Like the bundle failed to load entirely.

I tried to get this working 100% until I was blue in the face but was never fully successful.

I have opened up an issue on the SDK examples:

Nick