Redundancy alarm events 8.3.6

Over the weekend we get this warning 2000000 pending alarm runtime updates found, which exceeds the max limit. A full alarm state transfer will be performed instead...

I'm trying to find the cause and drop that number so that scripts don't stall again but I'm not getting much info from the gateway or logs. On the master node provider I see alarm events have 2 million pending updates with a status of sync error and Error occurred on remote: null. On the backup node provider I see the alarm events have last pull never with status of sync error and Error occurred on remote: null.

On the logs I only see

ERROR
MasterStateManager

28Sep2026 10:49:49
[alarm-system] pullFull call threw error.
java.lang.NullPointerException: null

The alarms were set up months ago and haven't had any issues since.

Any ideas on what to do or how to get more info on this?

An NPE is ~always a programming error and unlikely to be something you can work around, though it's possible it's already been resolved in a higher patch version of 8.3. You should contact our support department officially; they may have seen this before or can help you confirm it's already been fixed - or if it hasn't, get an official bug ticket created internally.