Redundancy Architecture

I have configured two Gateway for Redundancy and created MSSQL connection in each Gateway (For fail-over Database). My question is, Will Both the Database sync (have the complete Table data).If not, is it possible to make sync by another method.

Requirement is, To have two database with complete data. If one goes down the data should be stored in the active database and sync while the other returns.

Ignition doesn’t do this. You need a database technology (like MS SQL Cluster) that is redundant, and have both master and backup Ignition connect to the cluster.

Hi Phil Turmel,

While SQL Clustering handles the Data Shared storage, what “Fail-over Database” in Ignition does?

If your main database breaks, it diverts all traffic to another connection. But it doesn’t do anything to make that second database match the first, nor does it transfer anything back to the original when it becomes available again. That is a database problem, not an Ignition problem.

Phil,

Your concept was clear. Few Questions to clear

1. But In the Fail-over Database configuration, when the main database breaks, Alarms, Transaction groups and Historical Logging are stored in Quarantine even the Second Database were reachable.

2. Can we configure Database in Gateway itself or Better to configure in Separate System, Which is Best ?

3. Even when the Client Application is Closed the Transaction Group continues to Log Value in the Database, Why is it so?

1. Sounds like a bug to report.

2. Separate system. Ignition’s failover is not a true High-availability solution. In my business, I’ve not had to deal with this, as my clients who need such already have it from their internal IT support.

3. Transaction groups run in the gateway, just like tag history. If they ran in the client, you’d get multiple entries in your DB when running multiple clients.