Refresh cards at an interval

Hi,

Here is what I am doing.
I have a template view for card (let's call it CardTemplate) to display some information.
I have used this card on a view(let's call it MainView) in a flex repeater component to display 4 cards.
I want the card data on main view to be refreshed at certain time interval (let's say every 30s).
How can I achieve this?

I tried creating a Gateway Timer Function to send a message and implemented the message handler in the root of the MainView. The message handler would get the data and assign to the instances of the flexrepeater.
But I am getting an error in the gateway timer script execution saying that "Caused by: org.python.core.PyException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No perspective session attached to this thread."

I'll appreciate any help in solving this.

Thanks,
Ajay

You have asked your last three Ignition questions in the General Discussion section of the forum. For future questions you should ask in the Ignition section if you want it to be seen by the regular users there.

1 Like

Do the timing and scripting in the UI, where it matters. A now(30000) expression binding on a custom property will trigger every 30 seconds, which can then be used to initiate other actions.