We have an ERP software that does not have a great way to automatically export or communicate data. I would like to be able to be able to access ERP data from Ignition as simply as possible. I’m wondering if anyone would be willing to suggest a strategy. We have MSSQL, Ignition 7.8. The ERP can manually export a csv file- as far as I can tell, this is our only way to get data out.
My current thought is to:
- Manually export csv file from ERP.
- Save in a fixed location with a fixed file name (overwrite CSV each data dump)
- then with a button or on a timer from ignition, use python to reformat CSV,
- use ignition’s system.dataset.fromCSV() to grab this file, and import into MSSQL table.
- Then access data from MSSQL to use however
Does that seem like a reasonable thing to do? Or would anyone suggest a different way? Please assume there is no better way to get data out of ERP- I’ve already exhausted all options