Remote site getting different results on query

I have a window with a Table, Popup Calendar and various textbox components. My user clicks on a line in the table, which updates most of the textboxes and sets the date in the calendar component. Four of my textboxes have the integer values set by a query which uses the calendar date like this:

SELECT sum(count) FROM dbo.vwpacklineglass 
WHERE dtpack = '{Root}' 
AND Line = 1

I then use those values in calculations to populate other textboxes.

Everything works great on my PC, and other PCs in the office building. The problem is that in the packaging department, which is several hundred feet away, the textboxes are not updated when you click on a table row. The calendar changes and all the other text boxes get their values, but the ones based on the queries use the default values of zero.
I set polling options to the Relative Rate, which is 5,000 ms, but I still have the same issue.

If I change the date on the calendar component directly, then the queries update the textboxes as expected.

It sounds like the calendar isn’t firing a propertyChangeEvent for its date property when you’d expect (this event is what would cause those queries to run). Try putting the following script on the calendar’s property change event and watching the console to see if its changing when you click in the table row:

if event.propertyName == 'date': print "Date changed to: ", event.newValue

Yes. I get the following output from clicking on 3 different lines:

Date changed to: Tue Jun 03 00:00:00 PDT 2008
Date changed to: Mon Jun 02 00:00:00 PDT 2008
Date changed to: Fri May 30 00:00:00 PDT 2008

, but then it always works on my PC as expected.

Right, so now go see if you get the same output on the machines that its not working on.

Oops. Sorry about that. On the PC back there running the window in the designer. I get the output on the console, but I don’t get an update from the queries.

Hi Carl,
I never thought of trying to work through my problems on the PC back there. Not use to having the flexibility of being able to run the designer on any PC, so it was tough to trouble shoot or play with when I could not reproduce the error. I went back to the PC in the bottleshop and ran some tests using the designer. I found that if I used the calendar.text property instead of the property, the queries worked just fine on their PC as well as on mine. I can’t tell you why, but it’s working now. I’ll check some more and see if I can determine a reason.