Remove Columns From Comments Dataset Before Emailing

Hi

I am using the comments table as a log of issues during a shift and then sending the table contents as a HTML email at shift end. I have it all working ok but I need some guidance on how to remove some of the columns from the comments dataset before sending the Email. I want to remove the ID,AttachmentFilename and Stick columns. I would also like to rename the columns before sending and was wondering if this is possible as well. I am using 7.2.4.

Thanks

Aidan

In this case you have to create a new dataset from the original but without those columns. Something like:header = ["Note", "TStamp", ...] data = [] oldData = event.source.parent.getComponent("Comments Panel").data for row in oldData: data.append([row[1], row[2], ...]) newDS = system.dataset.toDataSet(header, data) system.dataset.exportHTML("data.html", 1, newDS,"Comments Report")Hope this helps.

Hi Travis

I am getting the following error [color=#FF0000]“Traceback (innermost last): File “event:actionPerformed”, line 4, in ?AttributeError: getitem”[/color]

I have mapped the oldData to the comments panel so not sure what is wrong

Thanks

Aidan

Sorry change the following line:oldData = event.source.parent.getComponent("Comments Panel").datato this:oldData = system.dataset.toPyDataSet(event.source.parent.getComponent("Comments Panel").data)

Hi Travis

Just spotted that it had to be changed to a pydata set. It is working now

Thanks

Aidan