Remove Perspective Map Shadow

Anyone know how to remove the shadow for an icon in the perspective map?

1 Like

Have you figured this one out yet?

No I didnt. Someone with Inductive said at one point it may be possible to edit the ignition theme css file on the server to set the drop shadow off for the map component, but specific instructions weren’t given and I haven’t tried yet.

Ah, I see. I will investigate the theme css file, and see if there are any possibilities.

Thanks for your reply!

wow just revisited this, turns out its super simple and all you have to do is add this to your lightoverrides.css file (I’m not sure if that file exists by default, but they recommend thats where you make theme changes)

.map-marker-shadow {
  display: none;
}

the themes are here for windows:
C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\data\modules\com.inductiveautomation.perspective\themes

4 Likes

Sweet! Worked perfectly :slight_smile:

Hi @mcarritt1 , @andreas

I didn’t have this by default, so I copy pasted one of the existing files and edited to add those 3 lines.

I restarted the designer but I still see the shadows. Did you have to do anything else after editing?

Thanks!

1 Like

Have you set session.props.theme to the name of your theme file.

I’m using the default - light theme.

This reads like you created a new file. If that is the case, you’ll need to set the theme to the new file name, otherwise, your edits will not take effect.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Irose.

I figured this out. README file inside the themes folder had everything I needed:

It might help anyone in the future:

1. I created a overrides.css file inside the light folder in
    C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\data\modules\com.inductiveautomation.perspective\themes with the three lines from mcarritt1’s post.

2. Open the light.css file in the themes folder and add the second line that imports the overrides.css file as follows:

@import "./light/index.css";
@import "./light/overrides.css";
1 Like

Hi srb,

I tried to edit the light.css file as you described, but when I tried to save it it said I did not have permission. Is this the only way to remove shadows from the map?

If you are using Ignition 8.22 or later you should be able to use the stylesheet feature as well.

1 Like

Thanks that worked! I just put the code suggested by mcarritt1 above

.map-marker-shadow {
display: none;
}

into the stylesheet and the shadows are gone