Removing FactorySQL Redundancy

I have two FactorySQL servers (version 4.2.11) setup with redundancy. There have been a couple of problems which is making us re-think our data collection strategy and we’re looking to discontinue redundancy. Our first server will continue collecting as before when it was master and our second server is going to collect data in parallel instead of being a backup.

I went into the project (backed it up first) and unchecked the “Enable Redundancy” option. It then reverted my project to an earlier version prior to enabling the redundancy months ago. Needless to say, I freaked out and re-checked the redundancy box and my project came back.

So my question is, if I want to break apart the redundancy between these two servers and maintain my project on the current master, how do I go about doing that? I see lots of info on enabling, but not much on dismembering redundancy. Can I simply remove my second server from the redundancy setup and have the master continue as normal?

Any help would be appreciated!
-Mark

Hi Mark,

First, a quick explanation of what happened: the redundant project is stored in the shared database. When redundancy is enabled, the local project is left alone, and FactorySQL starts looking at the database instead. At that time, it prompts you to import the local project into the shared, but after that, it’s a whole different project. When you turn it off, it goes back to looking at the local one, which is now out dated.

Here’s what you can do: From your redundant master, go to File>Backup/Restore>Export Project. This will export your groups from the shared database to a FactorySQL Project file (.fsp).

Now disable redundancy. This will bring you back to your local (old) project. Now you can go to File>Backup/Restore>Import Project and import the file you just made to replace the old groups with the current ones.

Hope this helps,