Render changes of Ignition Project

I've been playing around Ignition Project for a year now and I am trying to create multi-developer CI environment for Ignition Project.

One thing I found out when integrated with Azure DevOps with GIT, even though ignition project and tag is in json format, It is quite hard to review the code.

So, just wanted to find out if rendering those changes with local git repo and do side-by-side comparison exists?

I can see that if ignition designer can render those differences based on commits in git or even embed a module in popular git application (Azure DevOps) to render those differences...

No, Ignition's JSON is not diff-friendly, and is difficult to make diff-friendly. Related discussion:

Hopefully better in v8.3.

You may need a git hook that orders your json before committing.

I think you're talking purely about tag json here, Phil? I haven't had any issues comparing View JSON between different versions using win merge, so presumably git would be very similar.
However, once you start comparing View json, you soon realise that you should pay more attention to which props you set to persistent or not. These all show up in the json and therefore invariably as changes if these are bindings to tags / queries

2 Likes