Report designer not displaying oversized page correctly

In the report designer, I changed the size of a page and noticed that the page stays positioned as if it was still a 8.5 x 11 page.
It doesn’t matter if the report is bigger or smaller, the report designer seems to position it as a 8.5 x 11 report.

I think the resize buttons (especially the “Fit page to space” button) ought to work based on the actual size of the report, rather than as if it was the default size.

Also if the page is bigger than 8.5 x 11 (or 612 x 792) then the scroll bars don’t allow me to see the whole page while editing it.

Ignition 7.8.1
Windows 7

I resized the second page, not the first one so you might have to do that to replicate the issue.

I didn’t attach a file. It should be fairly easy to replicate.

How are you changing the size of the page?

By changing the length and width properties of the page. They default to 612 x 792.

Ah, I see the key issue. The size is supposed to apply to the whole report, and sizing individual pages can’t work correctly with the reporting engine we use. We took out the option to size individual pages (in 7.8.2?), and so I can’t see that option any more. Since I’m applying the size to the whole report, I don’t get the odd behavior you are.

Ok. So if I want to update our GWs to 7.8.2 or use this report elsewhere I should resize both pages?

Good question. I haven’t tested that scenario. :/

I tried it on 7.8.2-rc1 three times. Once I upgraded with the report already in the project, then I tried creating a new report, finally I uninstalled Ignition and reinstalled 7.8.2-rc1 and used a brand new project and report.

I was able to have a differently sized second page every time and I didn’t see any options for sizing the whole report at once. Am I missing something?

I have a GW backup for the last example, but every time I try to upload it the upload fails. Doesn’t give me any error or anything. Just reloads the page with a blank message body, as if I just clicked on the “Post Reply” button.

:scratch: I’ll take a look at this in the next day or two.

If you want my GW backup I can email it to you. PM your email address if you want me to try emailing it.

Edited to add: Here is an export of the project I created. I can still try to email the GW backup.

[attachment=0]Test_2016-03-01_1242.proj[/attachment]

Hi Kathy,

Did you have a chance to look at this yet?

Sorry, not yet – I have a lot on my plate right now. But it’s on my todo list, so I won’t forget about it. :slight_smile:

Finally got a chance to look at this and I see what you mean. I’ve made a ticket for this – hope to get it into 7.8.3, but no guarantees.

Does that mean that IA would make it easier to view pages that are different sizes in the same report? Or will IA change it so that pages are all the same?

Fixed for 7.8.3-rc1, expected out in April. You’ll be able to easily view reports where every page is a different size. :slight_smile:

Cool. I guess we’ll be doing that update.

-Caleb