Report Emailing Issue

Hi everyone, so we finally Updated to 7.8.0 and eventually will go to 7.8.1 but for right now I have an issue I’m trying to troubleshoot, so yesterday I created a SMTP profile on the gateway and send a test email to my address and it all worked out, it worked great. Well today I tried to send another one but it wouldn’t go through and I get this error on the gateway console, was hoping someone can help me out. Thanks

[quote]452 4.3.1 Insufficient system resources[/quote]That’s from your email server. It rejected the email that Ignition was submitting. You’ll have to check with your mail administrator for the detailed log in the mail server for that message. That code is commonly used for message size restrictions.

Yeah after some digging I came to that conclusion as well, IT said they are looking into it.
@pturmel
what is the best way to save a file (.csv for example) to a location on a different server which the Gateway server can see. would file path be something like

IP\\folder\\data.csv

or is there a better way?

I was messing with the reporting module, emailing is very useful and save file only saves it to the local drive of the gateway machine, also have used scripting to save it to the user choice file path on their local machine, one I haven’t figured out is actually saving a file to another server location.

[quote]what is the best way to save a file (.csv for example) to a location on a different server which the Gateway server can see. would file path be something like
Code:
IP\folder\data.csv

or is there a better way?[/quote]
If you want to use the Save action, you would need to map that IP address as a network drive and proceed from there. Make sure the user you’re running the Gateway under has write permissions to that drive.

You can also use the FTP option if you have an FTP server set up where you want to save.