Report Export copies the columns for every page

When making a report that gets saved as a csv, I’m getting this issue where it reads the headers more than once, how would I go about getting around that?
EDIT: I want it to show up at the top of every PDF, but not in the CSV. Is that possible?

1 Like

Bump. I have this issue as well

You could try running your report in a script using system.report.executeReport with a filetype of CSV.

Then use regexes or string operations to delete all but the first header.

I haven’t experienced this issue though. To my knowledge the CSV should contain only that data you see in the report XML on the Preview tab.

If the report spans a number of pages though in the preview, the column headers are repeated on each page. There doesn’t appear to be an option to remove this.
I think the simpler option, unfortunately, might be to just use scripting to convert the dataset to CSV format and write this to a file using a gateway script or a transaction group trigger.

And you can accomplish that conversion with executeReport. Which still accepts parameters and fires any preprocessing scripting events.

If you are just looking to export a CSV without the headers being repeated, you can increase the height of the page. Then expand the table so it covers the full page. In your preview screen, you should only see one large page. and your CSV will not have any repeating headers.

Hope it helps