Report Image Shape Key for an image in the Image Manager

Using Perspective 8.1

I have a customer logo in the Image Manager that I use in several views, etc.

When creating a report, I can drag the image from the Image Manager to the report which creates an ‘Image Shape’. However, the image data appears to be ‘static’. If I update the customer logo in the image manager, the change is reflected everywhere (views, etc.) except in the image shape in the report.

I tried dropping an image shape and setting the key to the ‘path’ of the logo in the image designer, but the key seemed to be ignored.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
-Shane

Any thoughts on this? Is there any way to set the key of an ‘Image Shape’ in a report to the path of an image in the Image Manager?

Any feedback on this? Did you come right?

No, I didn't figure this out.

Updates on this?

Images in image management are actually automatically hosted by the platform's webserver, so one option would be to set a data key to a fully qualified HTTP path to the image:
data['url']='http://localhost:8088/system/images/bt.jpeg'

In the below image, the top image was created by dragging and dropping from image management, and is totally static. The bottom image is using the url key populated by the script above.

NB: I already updated the image at this path since dragging and dropping the top image in.

Now the preview in the designer is wrong, because it's using a cached version of the image:

But the actual exported report is correctly updated:

2 Likes

I added the datasource:

I added and 'Image' component to my report and set a 'dynamic data key' on the URL property:

However, the image still does not display. Can you spot any problems?

Thanks.
-Shane

Not the URL property. Set your image URL in the key property.

The URL property is to add a hyperlink to your image when it's output in a generated PDF.

Yep, just figured that out:

Thanks for all your help.
-Shane