Report Viewer Graph

Currently I am trying to set up a report that has a bar graph in it. I have set this bar graph up so that there is a “New series for each: Dataset Object” instead of for every “Key”. I did this because I want to have a bar for each column in my table and I want the x-axis to be a date. Everything on the graph looks good except for the color legend. For some reason I can’t get the legend to do the automatic listing when the new series is set for each dataset object. It will list all of the colors, but it will not repeat what is typed in the legend text. Below are a couple pictures of what I mean.

This is an example of the legend repeating with a new series for each key:

This is an example of the legend not repeating labels with a new series for each Dataset Object:

I have been able to work around this by adding in text labels, but the problem is I can’t get the color rectangles in the legend to space apart for when the legend text takes up 2 rows. Is there some setting that I am missing with this?

Thanks,
-Will

No, it looks like there is a bug with that part of the reporting engine. I will add a ticket in for that.

Thanks Travis! I have a couple other questions about the report viewer.

Is it possible to change the color of the border around the bars on the bar graph? I would like to make the bars so they are one solid color and do not have a black outline.

Secondly, is it possible to change the color of the Y-axis labeling as well as the chart grid lines? I can change the color of the chart border but can’t figure out how to change these. Looks kind of sloppy if you change one and not the others.

Appreciate the help,
Will

No, you can’t set those right now. See my other post regarding this issue.