Reporting component looking for icon image in the wrong location

I'm trying to create a report component following the example. In the @ShapeMeta of Smiley.java, they have iconPath = "smiley.png", and then smiley.png is in resources/images. I've done the same with my png icon, but I'm getting the following FileNotFoundException:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Tyler\AppData\Roaming\Inductive Automation\Designer Launcher\images\svgicons\status-chart.png.svg (The system cannot find the path specified)
	at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(Unknown Source)
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(Unknown Source)
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.batik.dom.util.SAXDocumentFactory.createDocument(SAXDocumentFactory.java:453)
	at org.apache.batik.dom.util.SAXDocumentFactory.createDocument(SAXDocumentFactory.java:357)
	at org.apache.batik.anim.dom.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createDocument(SAXSVGDocumentFactory.java:225)
	at org.apache.batik.anim.dom.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createSVGDocument(SAXSVGDocumentFactory.java:135)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.icons.SvgIconUtil.getDocument(SvgIconUtil.java:94)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.icons.SvgIconUtil.getSvgIcon(SvgIconUtil.java:67)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.icons.SvgIconUtil.getIcon(SvgIconUtil.java:55)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.icons.SvgIconUtil.getIcon(SvgIconUtil.java:47)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.icons.SvgIconUtil.getIcon(SvgIconUtil.java:39)
	at com.inductiveautomation.reporting.designer.api.DesignerShapeRegistry$ShapeDescriptor.<init>(DesignerShapeRegistry.java:96)
	at com.inductiveautomation.reporting.designer.api.DesignerShapeRegistry.register(DesignerShapeRegistry.java:39)
	at com.tamakicontrol.designer.TamakiMESDesignerHook.startup(TamakiMESDesignerHook.java:67)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.IgnitionDesigner$LoadedModule.startup(IgnitionDesigner.java:1957)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.IgnitionDesigner.startupModule(IgnitionDesigner.java:1187)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.IgnitionDesigner.lambda$loadProject$9(IgnitionDesigner.java:1009)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.accept(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(Unknown Source)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.IgnitionDesigner.loadProject(IgnitionDesigner.java:1008)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.IgnitionDesigner$StartupProjectDialogHandler.lambda$new$2(IgnitionDesigner.java:2021)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
14:40:14.923 [Designer-Startup] INFO SvgIconUtil - Unable to find image 'images/svgicons/status-chart.png.svg'

It looks to me like it's searching for the icon in the wrong spot and assuming it's an svg. Has something changed since this example was created?

Yes, it looks like when we modernized the designer UI we changed the icon lookup code to assume you're using an SVG. I'll look into this tomorrow to see if there's a workaround to provide your own icon or your own SVG or something.

So, doesn't look like there's any real way to workaround this, unfortunately. That's a mistake on our part that I'll make a ticket to correct.

In the short term, you might be able to put an SVG into your module's resources/ directory at the mentioned images/svgicons/ root, but I'm not sure if loading your resource will actually work across the gateway's split classloaders.