Reporting module - historical tag configuration issue

Ignition 8.05

I have the reporting module running in trial mode as we are evaulating prior to purchase.

I seem to be unable to configure a tag historian query (or a tag calculation query). The window is blank. Is this a limitation of the trial licence or have a missed a step? I have a licenced tag historian module with historical tags. I can configure a regular SQL query.

Any help would be apreciated!

cheers

I’m not able to replicate this with the module in trial mode.

First, I’d check that your trial isn’t expired. I don’t think that should make a difference, but we don’t do as much testing on what happens when your trial expires, and it’s an easy thing to check.

Next, take a look for any errors in the console. Something unusual is happening, and that’s your best bet for finding it.

Below is the output from the console. The trial licence has not expired.

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'void com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.sqltags.dialog.HistoricalTagTreeBrowserPanel.<init>(com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.model.DesignerContext, java.awt.LayoutManager)'
	at com.inductiveautomation.reporting.designer.workspace.data.queries.TagHistorianQueryConfigPanel.getBrowserPanel(TagHistorianQueryConfigPanel.java:159)
	at com.inductiveautomation.reporting.designer.workspace.data.queries.TagHistorianQueryConfigPanel.initComponents(TagHistorianQueryConfigPanel.java:128)
	at com.inductiveautomation.reporting.designer.workspace.data.queries.TagHistorianQueryConfigPanel.<init>(TagHistorianQueryConfigPanel.java:122)
	at com.inductiveautomation.reporting.designer.workspace.data.queries.TagHistorianQueryConfigPanel$1.createConfigPanel(TagHistorianQueryConfigPanel.java:112)
	at com.inductiveautomation.reporting.designer.workspace.data.sources.QueryDataSourceConfigPanel.load(QueryDataSourceConfigPanel.java:233)
	at com.inductiveautomation.reporting.designer.workspace.data.sources.QueryDataSourceConfigPanel.<init>(QueryDataSourceConfigPanel.java:204)
	at com.inductiveautomation.reporting.designer.workspace.data.sources.QueryDataSourceConfigPanel$1.createConfigPanel(QueryDataSourceConfigPanel.java:93)
	at com.inductiveautomation.reporting.designer.workspace.data.DataPanelEditor$DataSourceCommittable.<init>(DataPanelEditor.java:125)
	at com.inductiveautomation.reporting.designer.workspace.data.DataPanelEditor.load(DataPanelEditor.java:56)
	at com.inductiveautomation.reporting.designer.workspace.data.DataPanel$3.valueChanged(DataPanel.java:158)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.JList.fireSelectionValueChanged(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.JList$ListSelectionHandler.valueChanged(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(Unknown Source)
	at com.jidesoft.list.DefaultDisableableListSelectionModel.access$000(Unknown Source)
	at com.jidesoft.list.DefaultDisableableListSelectionModel$0.valueChanged(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.changeSelection(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.changeSelection(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.setSelectionInterval(Unknown Source)
	at com.jidesoft.list.DefaultDisableableListSelectionModel.setSelectionInterval(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.JList.setSelectedIndex(Unknown Source)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.util.gui.Later.lambda$select$4(Later.java:51)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at com.inductiveautomation.snap.swing.RibsEventQueue.dispatchEvent(RibsEventQueue.java:95)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

We have also tried restarting the gateway and the result is the same. Help please!

Thanks

Are the tags actually configured to store history?

Hi. Yes, we have around 10 tags storing history. However, as above, I can’t actually select any tags for the report since the program seems to error out as soon as the historical data source is added to the report.

If it helps, the version of the installed modules are shown below.

The problem isn’t with the history on the tags, because we aren’t getting that far. Instead, the designer isn’t finding the class it needs to open the correct panel.

I noticed that your reporting module is newer than the rest of your set up (you’re running an 8.0.6 version of reporting with a 8.0.5 platform). This is rarely a good practice, so for sure you should downgrade that module or upgrade the rest of your system. You can find the 8.0.5 version of reporting at the 8.0.5 download page. Once you get the versions in sync, if you still have an issue, please contact support and have them help you.

2 Likes

After following your instructions, the reporting module is now working.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like