Reporting Module Perspective

Hello,
Has anyone succeeded in passing a dataset as a parameter in a report, in the reporting module for Perspective ?
Is there a trick to be able to show properly the data, and maybe choose what column I want to show ?
Thanks,

The reporting module’s objects require data with known column names. You will need to script (probably in the report) a transform from a given column name to a new dataset with a fixed column name, then fake out the column header/pen name with the original column name.

This applies to both Vision and Perspective, as reports are always generated in the gateway.

2 Likes

I’ve successfully passed in a dataset as a parameter. There isn’t a trick to choose what column(s) you want to display. You will specify what columns you want to display in the design tab of the report.

Demo of selecting which columns to display:

Edit; screenshot of Report Viewer Component passing in a dataset via tag binding:

1 Like

Thank you for your replies, it is now working :grinning:

2 Likes

How can one pass a dataset into a report as a parameter without going through a gateway tag?

I’m not sure. Maybe you can construct a dataset through the expression language? The demo in this thread was to show how to select columns from a dataset. Using a tag is my preference when developing new reports. Hopefully this helps!

1 Like

Did a property binding to a dataset property not work?

Thank you both for the responses. I’d like to try to avoid rebuilding a dataset in expression.

Trying to pass a dataset into a report as a parameter in the code below. Nothing comes across in the report which has a dataset parameter. Directly calling the columns of the dataset or just trying to display the raw dataset.

ribbon = self.parent.parent.parent.getChild("ContPickedItems").getChild("tblPallets").props.data

par={
		"ReportDate": system.date.now(),
		"Data": ribbon
	}

system.perspective.openPopup(
		id="qwertyu", 
		view="RibbonReport",
		showCloseIcon=True,
		title="Ribbon Shipment Report",
		viewportBound=True,
		overlayDismiss = True, 
		modal = True,
		params=par)

Is there a binding in your popup view on the report viewer pulling the report’s data parameter from the view’s parameter? (In your code, you aren’t passing your parameters to a report. You are passing them to a view.)

Sorry, yes. I have a input parameter on the view with the report params bound to it.

Following that trail more closely, my dataset was not coming into my report component params via the expression structure binding. Any idea why that type of binding would nullify a dataset?

Directly binding each param to the view’s input parameter worked.

1 Like