Reporting Simple Table Cell Fill Dynamic Control

Hi Guys,

In the old Reporting Module i used to use the Property Expressions on a Simple Table Cell to alter its Fill colour based on specific criteria.

With the new Reporting system I cant see how to simply replicate the same control without using a parameter as a dynamic data key for each individual cell I want to change (they all have different criteria)?

I can easily use key chain expressions to alter the text of cells but cant see how to use this functionality for the Fill property?

Any help or ideas appreciated :scratch:

cheers

1 Like

In the 7.8+ reporting module you would use table row versioning to accomplish this - basically, each different row style has a ‘version’ key, using keychain expressions - and whichever one evaluates first defines that row’s style. I’ve attached a sample report that I created that has three different row versions based on the values of different columns.

inductiveuniversity.com/video/t … ioning/7.9
Table Row Versioning - Reporting.proj (20.5 KB)

Thanks for the Reply

I was after Individual Cell Formatting on a ‘Simple Table’, not Versioning of Rows in a ‘Table’.

How I used to do it.

Cheers

1 Like

EDIT:
It's actually definitely possible to do this, as Jae pointed out. Your keychain expression will still work in the newer reporting engine if you set it to be a dynamic data key. This is definitely not made very clear, but your exact expression should work in a new table once you've set the property to be dynamic.

You can still do this.

Right click on the Fill Color property and select “Use dynamic data key”

1 Like

Haha :blush:

I feel stupid… I was using the @ before and after as with other Key Expressions as i was referencing a key.

Thanks for the help. :thumb_left:

Hello,

I just wanted to say thank you, I found this discussion very useful. I wanted to change the color of a cell dependent on a value and this helped me get there. I created a test parameter called “testph” and then used this as my dynamic key for the fill colour property of the textshape:

testph>=13?“FF0000A3”:(testph>=11.6?“FFFF00”:(testph>=9.6?“3BDB3B”:(testph>8.6?“FFFF00”:“FF0000A3”)))