Reporting Table with Many Assets as rows?

Hello! Pretty new to Ignition and I’m trying to create a report that would act as a daily summary/report to show status of many assets in one table. I could use some pointers, advice, and/or direction on how to get started!

I have some tags that look like this in the Tag Browser:

- Tags
   - Assets
      - Asset 1
         - Datapoint 1
         - Datapoint 2
         - Datapoint 3
      - Asset 2
         - Datapoint 1
         - Datapoint 2
         - Datapoint 3
      - Asset 3
         - Datapoint 1
         - Datapoint 2
         - Datapoint 3

The datapoints on each asset are very consistent wrt naming.

I’d like to be able to create a reporting table that looks like this:

Asset Datapoint 1 Datapoint 2 Datapoint 3
Asset 1 45 76 ON
Asset 2 41 84 OFF
Asset 3 52 32 STANDBY

Some of the values will eventually be daily averages, max/min; but, I thought starting with a table of just current values might be more straightforward? Ultimately, I want to create a daily CSV from this reporting dataset, but I figure creating the report is step 1!

I didn’t see anything in Inductive University that was similar and I must not be searching for the right terms because I’m not having much luck finding examples of this kind of report.

Can someone help me get going on this?

You are going to want to use a scripted data source within the report designer. You would bulk read (system.tag.readBlocking) all of the tags you wish to display, and construct a dataset (system.dataset.toDataSet) with the rows arranged as you wish. Then you can use that dataset in the design tab of the report as if it came from your database.

2 Likes