Reports to Mapped Drive Issue

Hello,

There is topic with the same name, but it could not help me.
Briefly, I try to export report from SCADA server to another server, used like storage fileserver.
I did the changes in ignition.cong file, as described in the manual. However so far I could not manage to make it workReport_Mapping . Picture attached. I have tried doubled " \ ", single " \ ", D:, d$ for the drive letter, but no luck.
Please advise.

1. Did you restart the gateway after changing conf?
  2. Think you need another ‘\’ at the end of path
1 Like
  1. Do those folders exist? I don’t think the report module creates the folders for you

Thank you, Matrix_Engineering.
The report module creates the folders. Before I used to archive the reports on the same drive, no issues. But in the last case the folder were created in advance by IT.
Going back to your first post, you are right, let me check and revert.

Hello,

It did not work though slash added and gateway restarted. I was wondering if the changes in the ignition.conf file are correct:Wrapper
Any suggestions?

If you browse to it from Ignition server to fileserver using windows file explorer, does it ask for credentials? If so you need to specify them as per manual;

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC79/Mapping+a+Network+Drive

If you using the mapped drive feature, then in the report you would just be writing to D:\ not the full path.

If you want to write to the path without a mapped drive, just update the Ignition service to run as a domain account user, then grant that user permissions to the share.

What error are you getting on the Gateway Report Status when you run the report? You should be able to post the specific error.

ryanjmclaughlin, Ι am afraid I could not understand this:
“If you want to write to the path without a mapped drive, just update the Ignition service to run as a domain account user, then grant that user permissions to the share.”
Can you please clarify that?
Regarding the error, I will be able to post it tomorrow. It was saying basically that no valid path can be created, something of the kind.

Go to computer mangement, Services and Applications, Services, Right click on Ignition Gateway, properties, 2nd tab Log On

1 Like

From Ignition server I can access fileserver. However the error says access is denied .

Didn’t have today to add the access credentials to ignition.conf file. More news tomorrow.

It doesn’t matter what is in the ignition.conf file if you are trying to write to the full path. The windows service running the Ignition Gateway needs to be updated in windows Services to run as a network account, not a local non-privileged account (which is default)

Thanks, ryanjmclaughlin. So basically, you tell me to follow Matrix_Engineering’s advice:
“Go to computer mangement, Services and Applications, Services, Right click on Ignition Gateway, properties, 2nd tab Log On”?

Vasilevdim, Were you able to save to a network drive after the change?

jim.borener, actually no, since the problem was solved in different way - creating second partition on the same drive, where I forward the reports.

I changed my Gateway to a Network account, but the Gateway would not restart. Is there something else I need to change instead of booting from the local host?
http://localhost:8088/web/config/system.overview?14

Once I reverted back to local for the gateway (in the Go to computer management, Services and Applications, Services, Right click on Ignition Gateway, properties, 2nd tab Log On) I could restart the Gateway services

I see. However did you manage to save report to network drive? This was the initial goal.

No. I still havent been able to save to anywhere but the local drive. I am working with my IT to assign rights to the Gateway user name to allow the ability to save to a network drive. This also presents problems of repetitive password changes and that loads a whole lot more go in and change in several places or else my reports wont get sent.