RESOLVED - Perspective Document Management Project

Hi all!

I was playing around with the Exxchange Module _ Perspective Document Management Project_ but when I want to view a document within the browser I get the following error message:

HTTP ERROR 500 Server Error

URI: /system/webdev/Document_Management_System_DRAFT/DocumentManagement/get
CAUSED BY: com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionError: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: ‘com.codahale.metrics.Timer$Context com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script.ScriptManager.beginCompileTimer()’
CAUSED BY: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: ‘com.codahale.metrics.Timer$Context com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script.ScriptManager.beginCompileTimer()’

Can maybe someone help me resolve this issue?

I’m still rather new to Ignition so guidance would be appreciatet.

Thanks!

See something on the Ignition Exchange you wanted to talk about? Post here!

@Travis.Cox maybe you can help on this? I sent already a question to you through the exchange website but could resolve that specific issue so far by myself (solution: missing webdev module installed during standard installation of Ignition).

But know I am stuck with this… :frowning_face:

Thanks in advance!

What version of Ignition are you using? This looks like a straightforward Ignition bug, unrelated to the Exchange resource.

I would make sure to upgrade Ignition to the latest version to be safe. I think you have an older version. The resource requires 8.1.3+.

First thanks for your reply! I have installed 8.1.12 so I guess this sould not be the problem. Any other tips? Java incompatibilities maybe? :thinking:

Java Version 8 - Update 321 is installed

Ignition manages its own Java installation, so your system java isn’t relevant :slight_smile:

I would contact support at this point (support.inductiveautomation.com) - they can help figure out exactly what’s gone wrong and recommend next steps.

Thanks for forwarding me to the support, problem has been resolved! Different versions of the modules were installed. Especialle WebDev and WebBrowser. Both changed backed to X.X.12 and everything worked as expected! :partying_face:

1 Like

I've just started playing around with this and was wondering, is it bad database practice to use this extensively or is this not really a concern?