Restore to newer version issue 7.4.2(32) -> 7.5.1(32)

Every time I try to restore a 7.4.2(32-bit) backup on 7.51(32-bit) the service crashes and has to be uninstalled and re-installed.

First server was windows server 2003 (32-bit) new server is Windows Server 2008 Enterprise SP2.

The original server was installed on the windows C:\ drive and the second server is installed on the D:\ drive.

I will try to install this to my C:\ partition, but I really need this on my D:\ partition.

Can you restore to a separate partition? I would have hoped everything would have been relative. Also, why are user profiles used for the install of these services? I understand doing this for the clients, but not the server.

The description for Event ID 100 from source Ignition cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

wrapper
Unable to write to the configured log file: C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\logs\wrapper.log (The system cannot find the path specified. (0x3))
  Falling back to the default file in the current working directory: wrapper.log

I was able to restore when using the same partition names. I will need to move this from my OS drive C:\ to my data drive D:\

Just downloaded the latest release 7.5.2 (32). Same problem. I have this working on C:\

I need help moving my install to a new directory.

Check your ignition.conf file, located at \data\ignition.conf. In the file, search for the wrapper.logfile setting. By default, it is set to logs\wrapper.log. Maybe yours is different for some reason. But that is where Ignition looks for the log file location.