Restoring the demo GWBK

I have downloaded and restored the demo GWBK into ignition 7.7.2 (b2014121709)

I am using MySQL and I have successfully ran the IA demo script that creates the DEMO and MES schemas.

Upon launch of the demo project some items do not work (red overlay), such as historical trending.

Upon trying to run the pages in the designer for demo project I get (for example):

[quote]Error running query:
TagHistory(paths=[histprov:null:/tag:Refrigeration/accumulatorLevel, histprov:null:/tag:Refrigeration/ambientTemp, histprov:null:/tag:Refrigeration/Compressor1/hoa, histprov:null:/tag:Refrigeration/Compressor2/hoa, histprov:null:/tag:Refrigeration/receiverLevel], start=Mon Feb 23 16:01:18 GMT 2015, end=Mon Feb 23 16:06:18 GMT 2015, flags=0)@1000ms
On: Historical Trending Chart.Root Container.Easy Chart[/quote]

[quote]Exception: Error running query:
TagHistory(paths=[histprov:null:/tag:Refrigeration/accumulatorLevel, histprov:null:/tag:Refrigeration/ambientTemp, histprov:null:/tag:Refrigeration/Compressor1/hoa, histprov:null:/tag:Refrigeration/Compressor2/hoa, histprov:null:/tag:Refrigeration/receiverLevel], start=Mon Feb 23 16:01:18 GMT 2015, end=Mon Feb 23 16:06:18 GMT 2015, flags=0)@1000ms
On: Historical Trending Chart.Root Container.Easy Chart
caused by GatewayException: Error executing tag history query. Please verify that the connection is available, and that tag history is being stored to it.
caused by Exception: Error executing tag history query. Please verify that the connection is available, and that tag history is being stored to it.
[/quote]

I have verified the DB connection is ok, simulators are running, and the transaction group is running.

I have tried changing the drop down selector to real-time, this also gives errors.

Is there another step involved with restoring the demo project that I have missed?

Based on the errors you posted, it looks like there is not a historical provider specified for those queries. Is there a default database connection set for the project (Designer > Project Properties > Project > General > Default Database)?

It’s working now. I logged a ticket (#8462). Greg suggested I go in and add “[~]” to the start of the tags. When I logged in to make the change, the problem had went away. Thanks.