Rockwell PLC Download - tags in browser are gone

Hi there!

I got an really important very very high priority problem.
We are using 2 Ignition gateways setup - one is out SCADA client, Second is our Software Gateway.
Of course Rockwell PLC is connected to the Software Gateway via Logix driver.
What happened today and is absolutely not explainable for me...
I did a PLC change in studio 5000 - i have only added two not important rungs and then I did download.. AND SINCE THAT moment all the coomunication was ruined! I saw message that device Rockwell PLC is connected but when i went to the OPC Quick Client - there were not any single TAGS! The only thing i saw was the diagnostics section...
It was fixed by me restoring all .gwbk file..
WHAT have i did wrong.. ? WHY all the comms where gone just because i downloaded PLC ?

Is the Ignition Logix driver for that PLC set to "auto browse" ? If not, a PLC download breaks it (changes all the optimization ID numbers for the tags).

If it is set to autobrowse, the traffic should recover within a minute or two of the download completion.

You almost certainly did not need to restore a gateway backup. Simply restarting a device connection on the Ignition side will force a rebrowse.

I think so.. it is set to autobrowse

How long did you wait before you panic'd ?

And it is logix driver

I think a lot.. 5 minutes for sure..
I already have used the Quick connect browser and nothing was there..

At least you do not decide to revive the whole system using *gwbk in 30 sec.. it was longer time..

Maybe the solution is just the oposite you said.. if i know that I am not doing any major changes in tags.. why should i trigger rebrowsking.. maybe for the future.. i need to disable rebrowsing and tirgger it just when i am sure it is needed..

If the Logix driver failed to rebrowse, it may be a bug worth reporting. What specific version of Ignition is this?

Yeah, pretty old. I'm pretty sure Kevin has worked on the Logix driver since then.

Is it possible to update just the driver?
Cause it is the client specific - i can't update whole Ignition?

Not an IA driver, no. Those are tied to the platform version--you have to upgrade the whole thing.

That isn't true for 3rd party modules, like my alternate driver for Logix and related EtherNet/IP PLCs. You can run the latest version with platform 8.1.11: