Rotate template help

I've created a template for a conveyor. I can't seem to figure out how to then rotate that template. Not being able to rotate the template severely limits its use because I then must create a new template for every orientation of every conveyor. I also can't seem to dynamically modify the template size which prevents me from manually rotating the individual objects within the template.

Thanks for the help,
Michael

Welcome to the forum, Michael.
Please edit your question and add either the Vision or Perspective tag (selection under the title). This will determine the answer.
I'm guessing Vision due to your use of "template".

This sort of thing is typically accomplished by adding a custom property to the template. Then, the items within the template can be manipulated by binding their priorities to the custom template property. Further manipulation is also possible at run time via scripting.

In your case, you will need to add a custom property to the template called rotation or angle, and then, simply figure out how to manipulate the internal objects using that custom template property.

That's not so simple though because rotating all the items in a template around a single central axis isn't that intuitive either, I still can't figure it out. Also if one of the items in the template is also a template it's still impossible.

Pretty sure I was able to do this 15 years ago in Wonderware Archestra, it made things much easier.

Even when I group objects that group can't be rotated. Does ignition have any kind of container which can be rotated?

Vision doesn't support rotation well, because the backing technology, Java Swing, happened to make an optimization choice that largely precludes non-rectangular bounding boxes.

Perspective supports rotation just fine, because of a different fundamental technology choice.

That aside, can you provide more information about what you're trying to rotate? A screenshot?

2 Likes

I do a lot of this sort of thing, but I understand that there is a learning curve. Unfortunately, you will need to provide more information about the types of objects that need to be moved, and how they need to be positioned within the template for me to assist further.

...or perhaps one of my previous template manipulation posts will help you figure this out.

1 Like

3 Likes