Just a FYI for those wondering if Ignition can run on a RPI 4.
I have been running stable for some weeks now, and my experience is that it works great!
I was a bit worried for a while. But I saw that the mobile phone actually demanded a good wifi connection. Previously i was on 2.4Ghz, but when i swapped (on my phone) to 5Ghz everything went smooth.
Not only am i running Ignition, but im also running the following images (through Docker):
- 2x Nodered images ( one for dev)
- mySQL (mariaDB not supported by docker)
- Home assistant (for z-wave devices)
- Mosquitto (not actually needed as MQTT Distributor is available in Maker
I only run those modules I need for the moment, so I dont know if adding more modules will increase the load on the RPI:
- MQTT Engine
- Twilio Integration and Alarm Notification
Here is the CPU and memory utilization reported from Ignition:
Below is the CPU and memory reported from Raspberry Lite OS
Free memory kind of steadily fell down to zero, I guess its freeing itself when needed. The figure below is from htop: