RSLogix Emulate 500

Does anyone know if there is a way to get Ignition to talk to the virtual “PLC” that runs in the Rockwell RSLogix Emulate 500 environment? With RSLinx you use a special “Emulate” driver to talk to it. If Ignition OPC-UA driver can’t communicate to it, is it possible to have Ignition use RSLinx Classic Lite?

We use the Emulate package to test some small PLC applications without actually having the PLC, but then it would be nice to use this to test the Vision screens as well.

You have to use RSLinx or Kepware to talk to the emulator. If you are using RSLinx it must be classic or professional not lite.

Thanks- that seems to work fine with RSLinx as the OPC server, although it looks like I will need to purchase a separate license for the OPC-DA COM module in order to do this.

Good Morning!!

How I can do that?, i try to connect Ignition with RSLogix Emulate 5000, but i don´t know which device type i have to choose, and if i need any special configuration in the rslogix emulate.

I need your help… Thanks… :question:

[quote=“BrisHdz”]Good Morning!!

How I can do that?, i try to connect Ignition with RSLogix Emulate 5000, but i don´t know which device type i have to choose, and if i need any special configuration in the rslogix emulate.

I need your help… Thanks… :question:[/quote]

Like the previous posts indicate, you need to use RSLinx to communicate with the emulated device, and then make an OPC-DA connection to RSLinx.