RSLogix/Studio 5000 AOI Local Tags Help

Obviously off topic, but thought it would be worth asking.

I have a project I inherited, in the process of migration to different AOIs/UDTs, etc. I ran into a situation where a valve AOI is using local tags for configuration. These are set to none for external access. I know some of the instances have values set other than default, but looking through the L5X all I see is where the tags are used in code and nothing where the non-default values are being held.

Since I don't really care about this program, I set the tags to read/write but still don't see them in the L5X. So I guess Ignition can bail me out and I'll use Phil's module and read as OPC. But, can anyone tell me where the values are stored? Perhaps in hex and not decorated?

Yes.

(Could also be tucked into <Data format="L5K"> section.)

1 Like

Since I know the name of the tags, I simply did a search and the only results were from the AOI definition. I didn't see anything in the decorated values and I'm not smart enough to figure out how to unpack the hex values, so your module to the rescue. Once I changed the external access I was able to read the values just fine... saved me a ton of time. Thanks Phil!

1 Like