Run Perspective view from JSON File

I have a special case where I need to run Perspective Views from its JSON definition on the disk and I can't run it from its path as the views path belongs to other projects on the Gateway.
Unfortunately, project inheritance doesn't work here as the parent project should be runnable, and when I make it Inheritable it stops running.
So I wonder is there any hack to make the JSON definition of the view load by Jython?

Add another layer of inheritance.

I can't it is an administrator project for other projects in the gateway.
In this project, I need to see any project resources and it should be dynamic so if in the future a new project is added I to be able see it.

I don't know any way to do that.

You could probably list resources via the gateway's project manager API (SDK stuff), but I don't think you'll be able to open them.

I can easily list all project names in the gateway and target ignition installed file location to access the projects view JSON file, the problem is running it.
I wish IA add something like [projectName]viewPath as the Tag provider.

I am not sure I even understand quite what you're asking for, but I don't think it's possible.

It might be possible in 8.3. We're planning to make it possible for modules to directly contribute arbitrary resources and/or projects; hypothetically this would make it possible to write a module that got resources from arbitrary other projects, rolled them up together (doing who knows what upon conflict), and presented them to the rest of Ignition as a single "runnable" project.

1 Like