Running SQL Bridge on PV+ MS CE

Can you install and run SQL Bridge (Limited or standard) on a PV+ running MS windows CE? I am wanting to store and forward if my network is unreliable and I have a AB PV+ resident. So with out installing another PC resident can the PV+ be the gateway for the SQL Bridge?

I don’t think Windows CE runs Java, so you can’t install Ignition or any modules on it.

I see a posting on your web that states the PV+ does not run JRE, but do you need this to install the gateway with SQL Bridge?

inductiveautomation.com/news/item/285
08/16/2011 - Rockwell’s PanelView Plus 6 (part number 2711P-T12C4D9) terminals run on Windows CE version 6.0 with extended features. Since it runs with extended features you can launch Ignition clients on the terminal. You cannot launch the Ignition client natively because Windows CE does not support the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). However, Ignition has a Mobile Module that allows you to launch clients on non-JRE supported devices such as iOS, Android, Google TV and other devices

[quote=“Mike”]I see a posting on your web that states the PV+ does not run JRE, but do you need this to install the gateway with SQL Bridge?

inductiveautomation.com/news/item/285
08/16/2011 - Rockwell’s PanelView Plus 6 (part number 2711P-T12C4D9) terminals run on Windows CE version 6.0 with extended features. Since it runs with extended features you can launch Ignition clients on the terminal. You cannot launch the Ignition client natively because Windows CE does not support the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). However, Ignition has a Mobile Module that allows you to launch clients on non-JRE supported devices such as iOS, Android, Google TV and other devices[/quote]

All modules require the Ignition gateway as well.

What you’re talking about is running a “client” on a PanelView via the mobile module, which really just means running a “client” in a browser.