Save File Folder path share drive linux

I switched from a Windows server to a Linux server.

I used to be able to save to the share drive with a path like this…With save actions using the reporting module.

\is-everyone\DP\MES System\Data Dumps\Production Planning

I tried with forward slashes and different combos of double slashes. But, I seen it’s creating the directories inside of /usr/local/bin/ignition/

What am I missing. I can see the drive @ is-shareshop

You will definitely need forward slashes. Not sure how your share is set up, but I recommend mounting it.

In a similar situation, I had to use mount to properly get a share to work. The share I was connecting to had an everyone type access, but I still had to put in a blank password.

sudo mount -t cifs -o password=,vers=1.0 //{redacted}/dswatch /mnt/dswatch

2 Likes

Probably ought to go in your fstab to always be mounted.

3 Likes

Turns out it is an AFP share drive.

And it’s proving to be a huge PITA to get it mounted. using afpfs-ng 0.8.1 :face_vomiting:

https://sites.google.com/site/alexthepuffin/

Between this and the printers. I wish I would’ve just installed windows on my new server lol

Linux is only better if your time isn’t worth anything lol

Ooh, them's fightin' words :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yup. I figure I'm about twice as productive on Linux as on Windows. Largely due to absurdly flexible networking.

2 Likes

Ill get over it as soon as I can save to this drive :laughing:

1 Like

Was able to get mounted

to

/media/is-everybody/

When I try and save…any ideas? I did chmod 777 on /media/is-everybody

sudo mount -t cifs -o uid=1000,gid=1000,vers=1.0 //{IP-ADRESS}/dp /home/dp/pdrive2 -w

To get ignition to save to the drive. I had to mount the drive like so. I also had to use the IP address instead of a hostname.

That suggests that the root_squash functionality was the barrier--are you running Ignition as root? (Don't do that!)

So DNS isn't consistent, either. /:

1 Like

I think ActiveX is the perfect example of how to save development time with Microsoft :smiley:

There’s a learning curve but it’s not as bad as people make it out to be. On the other side of the curve is a huge ROI for your time if you do any sort of development imo

I don't think so? But, honestly I don't even know how to tell. lol

Now that my sharedrive access and TSC printers are back online. I formally retract those statements about Linux. Heat of the moment words. :hot_face:

4 Likes

Oh yea, I understand. The key to getting Linux support is to say “Windows does this, why can’t Linux?” and us Linux nerds pop out of the woodwork :sweat_smile:

3 Likes