Scan Classes and Multiple Internal Tag Providers

Hi

I am wondering if there are any problems with using the same scan class over different internal tag providers. I am not sure if this is what caused an issue for me but I had some strange things happen to tags when I used a scan class in two different internal tag providers such as tags going stale and going into error. I created a separate one for the new provider just in case and I have not seen any issues since. I also noticed that when I removed an Internal provider it caused some strange issues with tags going stale in other internal tag providers after the delete. Just curious to know if it is bad practice to do this

Thanks

Aidan

Hi,

My initial reaction is that it shouldn’t be a problem, but I can imagine that there are probably some nuances to it. I’ll look into it a bit more and let you know what I find.

Regards,

So it appears that the different providers aren’t currently doing a good job of keeping scan classes separate. Although they’re managed separately in memory, on disk they’re getting put together, so if you have a scan class defined for each provider, and then delete it in one, on restart the other won’t have it either.

This has been fixed and should make its way into the 7.2.4 release.

Regards,

Hi Colby

Thanks for the follow up

Aidan