"Scheduler" window

Hi all,
I’m preparing to design “Scheduler” window. This has able to view/edit week scheduler for “4 state” tag (comfort, eco, support, stand-by). Week scheduler is holding at PLC.
Does any body do scheduler window before, or can give couple advise how to do it more user-friendly?

Beforehand thankful,
Andrey

Let me restate your problem to check whether I understand what you want:

1. You want to keep 7 daily values for a tag in your PLC.
  2. This tag can have one of 4 values (stored in your PLC as an integer?).
  3. You want to display a table of these 7 values in Ignition, with each value given a description (comfort, eco, support, stand-by).
  4. You want to be able to edit any of the 7 values and write them back to your PLC.

Does this sound correct? Let me know and we’ll see what we can come up with.

[quote=“AlThePal”]Let me restate your problem to check whether I understand what you want:

1. You want to keep 7 daily values for a tag in your PLC.[/quote]Yes.

[quote=“AlThePal”]
2. This tag can have one of 4 values (stored in your PLC as an integer?).[/quote]Yes.

[quote=“AlThePal”]3. You want to display a table of these 7 values in Ignition, with each value given a description (comfort, eco, support, stand-by).[/quote]Table or grafical element, like bargraph with posibility to set width=time and height=state(4 heights).

[quote=“AlThePal”]4. You want to be able to edit any of the 7 values and write them back to your PLC.[/quote]Yes, moving the edge of the bargraph and pressing “Apply” button.

Something like that.

Could you just stack 4 buttons/rectangles per day? And then bind each one’s background color to an expression that either filled it in or not based upon the chosen value for the day? This could be done to pretty closely mimic a bar chart if you use rectangles and do away with the borders.

[quote=“Carl.Gould”]Could you just stack 4 buttons/rectangles per day? And then bind each one’s background color to an expression that either filled it in or not based upon the chosen value for the day?[/quote]Each day can have up to 10 points, where workmode changes it’s state. How can I change a time period for each state?

Below is a screenshot of scheduler window, where I can change the time period. But this window was designed for two-state tag (on/off). Maybe someone have already designed something similar or know how to use relative timescale (only for week).

I don’t totally understanding what you’re asking for, but I played around with some ideas that might help you.

Here’s a window with a container on it that would represent a day, where you can manipulate the start, stop, and mode for the day. It’s not drag-able, but it does work. You’d bind the start, stop, and mode controls to your PLC values.

Upgrade to 7.2.5 first - there was a bug with the level indicator in horizontal mode that will make this not work in earlier versions.

Hope this helps,
scheduling.vwin (15.4 KB)

I am trying to create a similar scheduler and i’m trying to use the level indicator but the component “fill” is anchored to one end, how do you get the value to fill from both ends? I cannot see any mention of horizontal mode only fill from left to right etc?

The level indicator component has a property called Orientation which you can set to Left to Right. That will make it fill in from the left. Is that what you are looking for?

Not really, if I select left to right it fills anchored from the left side but in the example screen the filled in data is like starting at 25% and ending at 75%, I can only get it to fill 0% to 75% not have the filled in data away from 0% if you see what I mean, and I want it represent an ON time as well as an OFF time like in the example.

My bad, did’nt notice the vwin attachment, now understand the second level indicator(“start mask)” that sits on top of the first that fills in (mask’s) the left hand side with white.

Right, it takes two components to create that effect.