Script Console doesn't use full screen when maximized

I am using a multiple monitor setup on my Windows 7 machine. When I choose to use my second or third monitor (not the primary) and I maximize the Script Console, it does not fill the entire monitor. This occurs whether I double-click the title bar or use the Maximize toolbar button. I am able to resize the window to fill the screen, but this is annoying.

It appears that the routine to determine the size is basing the dimensions on the primary monitor only. For me, I have my Windows Taskbar on the left-hand side of the monitor. I have also noticed this to be a problem if you have different monitors with different resolutions (or the orientation is different) and full screening causes the window to run off the screen.

Ironically, the developer is fine, but I’ve noticed that the Image Management, Cloud Templates Browser, and Symbol Factory behave in a similar manner.

Anybody else have this same problem? Anyone know about Windows 10?

This is almost certainly a Java problem, and not something we can do a whole lot about. You could try a newer version of Java (within the same major branch) on the off-chance it’s something Oracle fixed.

But wouldn’t that affect all parts of the Ignition system and not just the select windows I described? The designer works as expected. Clients work fine.

I will see if updating Java to something newer helps (I’m using Java 1.8 update 161… need it for backwards compatibility with other software). Never hurts to try.

Right, but we’re not actually doing anything with the titlebars on those separate windows - that’s all handled by Java and its native integration. At a guess, it’s an issue with “child” frames (you can close them separately, and nothing happens, but if you close the “parent” frame of the designer/client, all the children would also be destroyed).

That’s not to say it’s impossible that there’s something we could do to fix it - it’s just that the current behavior isn’t dictated by our code in any way.

And platform-dependent. Works perfectly on my KDE desktop (gentoo).

Jython 2.5.3 (v2.5.3:3d2dbae23c52+, Nov 17 2012, 11:51:23) 
[OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (Oracle Corporation)] on java1.8.0_171

>>>