Self Signed Certs on Docker Containers

I didnt realize until recently that in the web server config there was the ability to create a self-signed cert.

This is fantastic! However I am curious, is there a way to download that cert content to then automatically add to docker containers? Or If one creates their own certs, somewhere they can automatically be added so that dev containers can be done with SSL

I appreciate any info!

Side Note: There should be a tag (or optional tag) on the forums for “Docker”, because I definitely think there are a lot of really docker specific questions here that would be good to make easier to find.

Your wish is my command, er, tag. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Kathy! I appreciate the speed. This is almost as good as the time that Kevin added the ability to

copy this text

about 20 seconds after I requested it! lol

3 Likes

All you have to do to enable TLS on the gateway is drop a PKCS#12 keystore into place at ${IGNITION_INSTALL_LOCATION}/data/local/ssl.pfx (note that this location differs slightly from a standard install in order to preserve it in the data volume via a sym-link from ${IGNITION_INSTALL_LOCATION}/webserver/ssl.pfx).

Here is a video that walks you through one way of doing it via a derived image definition: Derived Docker Image GWBK and TLS

1 Like